Tuesday, December 04, 2018

 

My Church Does Not Look Like I Thought It Did

For a long time Marsha and I did church life with mostly the same people from mostly the same congregation.  But a lot of things have happened recently to remind me how important it is that my church is not just one congregation.

Some of our church is still at Southern Hills.

Right now, I am preaching at Winters the Sundays I am in town.  Been doing it long enough they are our church.

Met with our small group last night.  We go to three different congregations now.  Still people we do life with.

The team at Herald of Truth is our church.  We are members of different congregations but do life in Jesus together.

My family.  Still my favorite church people.  Our family gatherings are church. 

Spent four Wednesday nights recently speaking over at University.  Been thirty years since I was on staff there.  But still some of my church there.

Been deeply involved this week with people dealing with suicide, depression, job loss, life crisis, sin, and some trying to decide where and how to find a church family to worship with.  All our people.  All our church.  Doing the Jesus life together.

And Marsha and I are reading Luke each morning.  Doing a lot of praying.  We are church.

So I had a lot of reminders this week that my church family is way bigger than the congregation I happen to be a member of at any given time.  And it always will be.

I'm glad. 

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?