Thursday, January 24, 2019

 

It's a one way track ... how hard can it be

I work out in the mornings at an athletic center at a major university where I live.  The upstairs has a running/walking track.  It is a one way track.  Clockwise one day, counter clockwise the next.  And I am amazed how many bright, in-shape people get it wrong.  They go the wrong way.  So I decided to try and find out why so many people go the wrong way. 

By the way, it is dangerous.  You have one-way tracks so people will not run into each other.  When you go the wrong way, you are a danger to yourself and others.  You are also wrong.

So here is what I have found out.

Some do not know it is one-way.  They didn't see the sign.  No one told them, and they never realized they were going the wrong way.

Some forget.  Or they get the day mixed up. Innocent mistake so to speak.  They think they are right but they are wrong.

Some rationalize it because they are only going part-way around the track.  It is not a long way so how can it really matter.

Some think the rules don't apply to them. 

Some don't care.

All of that made me think about Jesus as the way to God.  I am absolutely convicted that Jesus is the only way (the one way) to God.  Jesus himself said no one comes to the Father except by him, so...

And some people are going the wrong way. 

OK.  I don't even have to make the analogy here, do I?  Some don't care and I can't do anything about that.  Others think they can decide the way to God and He will honor their way.  And some are mistaken. 

I can't do much about the first two.  I can point out the right way but after that it is between them and God.  And if they think their way is best ... well, God will make it clear to them at judgment.

But I can do something about those that do not know.  I can point out the correct path.  I always do this politely at the track.  And in life, I am gentle and respectful.  Just like the Bible says to be.

It may not matter that much at the track.  Or it may if there is an accident.  But in life it really matters.

One way. 

And that way is Jesus.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?