Tuesday, January 22, 2019

 

Why I need the Bible

Here are five reasons I need my Bible.  I need to read it, study it, memorize it, carry it with me, have an app on my phone ... well, you get the idea.

1.  It is the word of God inspired by the Spirit that tells the story of Jesus. 

2.  I don't need to depend on what I think God wants for my life.  I need to depend on what God thinks I need for my life.

3.  When someone in my community of faith is in trouble, I need to speak truth into their life.  Not my opinion, or what they want to hear, but truth.

4.  I need to remember that in a world of lies and deception, there is truth.  I need to stay anchored in that truth.

5.  Reading the story of God's people thru the ages helps me realize that the things I deal with today have happened before.  There really is nothing new under the sun.  The stories in Scripture remind me of this truth. 

So I am excited to see so many people committing to read the Bible thru this year.  Lots of small groups meeting to read and study the Bible, not just books about the Bible. 

So thanks God for your Bible.  Help me read it and learn it.  Let your word light my way.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?