Friday, February 15, 2019

 

Thinking about being led by the Holy Spirit

I have been thinking a lot about what it means to be led by the Spirit.  That is what I want in my life.  That is what I want for my family.  It is what I want for the church.  But what does that mean and how do you know if you  are being led by the Spirit?

So here are a few things I think so far.

Being led by the Spirit is not going to put you in conflict with Scripture.  The Bible is inspired by the Spirit so he is not going to contradict himself.

Led by the Spirit seems to refer often to becoming holy.  The Spirit leads us a different way of living.  Living by the Spirit is to put to death our sinful desires.  That is why so many of us are better people than we used to be.  The Spirit is helping us to be ... well, holy.

Jesus said the Spirit is like the wind.  I can't see wind but I can sure tell where it is.  Same with the Spirit.  I may not see it but I recognize where it is.  And here is how.

Wherever the Spirit is you will see the fruit of the Spirit:  love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. 

You want to know if you are led by the Spirit?  Do a check of the fruit in your life.

Same thing for you family. 

And the same for your church.  If your church is led by the Spirit you will see this fruit.

So when you want to know if a person or a church -- or you -- are being led by the Spirit, check the fruit being produced.

So glad for the gift of the Holy Spirit to live in me and in the church. 

Changes everything. 

For the better. 

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?