Thursday, May 30, 2019

 

Am I Ever Going to Retire

I don't know why I get asked that question. 

Maybe it is because I look like I am 10 years past my retirement age.  Or maybe it is because my 50th High School reunion is coming up and most of my classmates have retired.  Most of my friends my age are retired.  Maybe they think I should join them.

So am I ever going to retire?

No. 

And not because we need the money.  God has always taken care of us and he always will.  Don't believe He would stop now.  Of course we would have to make financial adjustments.  But we have way more than I ever imagined, so...

And not because there are other things I want to do.  I pretty much get to do exactly what I want to do every day.  What I was made to do.  Talk about Jesus.  And why would I ever stop doing that?

The only question is whether or not I get paid to do it, and that really doesn't matter.

Right now I work for Herald of Truth, a non-profit organization that pays me to talk about Jesus and equip other Christians to do the same.  But they are a non-profit so they may not always be around.  Or they may decide they can't -- or don't want to -- pay me. 

So maybe I would go to work for a local church doing the same thing.  Talking about Jesus.  But it may be no church could pay me.  Or for various reasons, would not want to. 

Maybe I would get some other kind of job and just keeping talking about Jesus.  I've done that before.

Or maybe no one would pay me and we will do financial retirement.  And I would just keep doing what I do now.

Right now I still have the mind, the energy, and the drive to fill my days sharing Jesus.  It is what God made me to do and what He expects me to do. 

Maybe some day I won't have the energy, talent, or mind to do what I do.  So I'll do as much as I can.  Till I can't. 

But I would hope I never retire from what I do.

I would hope my that with my last breath I will be telling someone that Jesus saves.  Or telling my family to keep sharing their faith.

So retire?  Never.

After all, what else would I do?

Comments:
Absolutely,Steve...love this post
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?