Thursday, July 11, 2019

 

I can't wait to get my new name...

Our family has a thing about names.  Maybe every family does but we seem to really make names a big deal.

My wife's maiden name is Herttenberger.  All she ever wanted was to marry someone with a last name that was easy to pronounce. So she picked Ridgell.  Oops.

My dad was Joel Wesley.  I am Stephen Joel.  My son is Joel Don (named after both granddads).  His oldest boy is Andrew Joel. 

We have a Julie, Joe Don, Jamie, and a Jake.

An Anna, Avery, Andrew, and Austin.

Even our dogs have some kind of naming thing going on... Lucky, Lincoln, Luke, and Lulu.

Names. 

But I am going to get a new name someday.  So will they.

God promised it in Revelation 22:4

Some day I will see God face to face. 

And his name will be on my forehead.

My new name.  When I see His face. 

Best name ever.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?