Tuesday, July 30, 2019

 

Thinking about Men and Spiritual Authority/Leadership

Male leadership and authority seems to be quite a topic these days.  Or maybe the topic is female  leadership.  Or maybe just leadership and authority.

But I am firmly in the camp of male authority and leadership.  In the home and in the church.  I appreciate the people that actually ask me why.  I would like to think we all have a strong basis for what we believe about something so important.

Though there are lots of things I could point to that convict me on this topic, there are three things that I keep thinking about, so...

When Jesus picked the twelve apostles, he picked twelve men.  There were women deeply involved in his ministry, but the apostles were men.  And when they replaced Judas, being a men was a requirement (Acts 1:21)

When the early church was in strife and turmoil over complaints about caring for the Grecian widows among them, the apostles said to select seven men full of wisdom and the Holy Spirit.  Acts 6:3.  I would not argue that there no spiritual women full of the Holy Spirit.  But the apostles said to choose men.

When Paul gives the blueprint for the spiritual elders/overseers for the church, they are to be married men.  I Timothy  3:2 and Titus 1:6. 

So Jesus selected male leaders.  So did the apostles.  And so did Paul.

There are other reasons from Scripture that convict me about male leadership, but I think these three certainly have to be considered in any discussion about spiritual authority and leadership.

So for those that wonder why some of us are convicted about this issue, here they are.

Not to be contentious, but because I sure think we all better have reasons for our convictions.

And these are some of mine.

Comments:
Dear Brotherhood, God settled this matter of male leadership back in Genesis 3 to which Paul refers Timothy for explanation about God's view of the matter...Are we better, wiser, smarter, or more knowledgable than God or Jesus on how to run His church body??? I will dare to say emphatically "No"...God will judge each one of us according to our actions, words, attitude, and conduct so my best advice on this matter to all of you "Beware, you might find yourself fighting against God" by trying to allow a practice He has not authorized to be conducted in His kingdom...I strongly urge you and warn you to seriously consider your stance in light of Scripture, not modern culture...🤔🤔🤔
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?