Thursday, January 09, 2020

 

My grandson Jake is 14

My grandson, Jake Gilbreth, turns 14 today.  He is my oldest grandson and that is special.  Here are a few reasons I love Jake and why I am proud of him.

He is absolutely his own person.  Jake doesn't have to do what is trendy or what is popular.  I admire that.  He is unique and does not give in to pressure.

He is funny and I like that.  Family trait.  He can make anyone laugh. 

He is an entrepreneur.  He has done custom sneakers, has a very popular YouTube channel, and is very creative.  He did both of those businesses on his own.  Learned about them, set them up, and executed his plan.  I don't know what he will do to make a living but I am certain he will accomplish amazing things.

Loves music.  Guitar.  Really likes the drums.

Jake's tough.  Life is hard and we live in a fallen world.  Jake stands up for himself and is adamant about what matters to him. 

Good people skills.

Now he is a teenager, so he is in the process of deciding for himself what to do about God, life, people, and his whole world view.  I like that he is figuring it out for himself.  Of course, I am also certain about what some of those decisions will be.

People skills, work ethic, tough, faith, funny, and not driven by what other people think.

He will do well.

So Jake, keep marching to the beat of your own drum (and you can even play your own drum :). 

I love you and am proud of you.

I cannot wait to see what the future holds.

So God thanks for making someone as unique and special as Jake.  Watch over him and protect him from evil.  Thanks for letting me be his Pops. 



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?