Tuesday, February 11, 2020

 

Things I Do and Don't believe about the Bible

I believe the Bible is the word of God and inspired by the Holy Spirit.  So I believe it to be true.

I do not believe the Bible is God so I do not worship Scripture.  I love it, I read it, I study it, but I do not worship it.

God will not contradict himself so God's will and God's word are in harmony. 

The Holy Spirit will not lead you to something that is contrary to the Scripture he inspired. 

Following Jesus will never put you at odds with the Bible.

Some things in the Bible are hard to understand.  Peter said that about Paul's writings so I assume I don't have to figure it all out.

Some people will twist Scripture because they are unstable and ignorant.  Read the end of II Peter.

Twisting Scripture to fit your own desires can result in your destruction.

I think it is really easy to claim the Bible means things it doesn't say.

And easy to claim the Bible does not mean what it does say.

That is a dangerous thing to do.  Read the end of Revelation.

I believe you can understand the Bible.  You can read it and know God's will. 

If your church or a preacher says things not in line with Scripture, trust the Bible.  So I trust the Bible over any church or preacher.  Including this preacher.   

Use the Bible.  It will help correct you, even rebuke you.  It will teach you what you need to live a righteous life.

Scripture will always be a guide to help you know what God wants for you.

Always.

Comments:
Excellent!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?