Tuesday, March 24, 2020

 

Visiting a lot of churches during the pandemic

One of the great blessings of this pandemic is that many churches are doing online worship and uploading content.

I know that many have been doing that all along and I do not think this is the new normal for worship.  But for now it is pretty cool to listen to many other preachers doing their thing. 

Just over the past few days I have listened to Tommy LeFan, Bill Hooten, Rick Atchley, Chris McCurley, Jason Noble, Troy LaRue, Matthew Dowling, and Batsell Barrett Baxter.  Over the next weekend I'll catch another five or six.

Not suggesting that you do not do online worship with your community of faith, but I am saying this is a good opportunity to visit and hear some solid preaching. 

In your sweats and/or pajamas. 

But I still don't think coffee and Apple Fritters count for communion. 

Working on an idea or two for this weekend myself.

So take advantage of a unique opportunity to hear some other preachers.  Listen to different praise music.  Bake some communion bread. 

Keep your focus.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?