Tuesday, May 19, 2020

 

Happy Anniversary Mimi Marsha

So today marks 47 years that we have been married.  This is the time where I tell all the reasons I love her and am proud of her.  But I think today I want to take a minute and talk about us.  The things we have done together as a couple that I am proud of.

We raised two good kids.  Sometimes we just look at each other and thank God. 

Five grands that we absolutely adore.  She and the two grandgirls are really close.  And I am with the boys.  We are blessed.

A lot of people have come to know Jesus.  I often say if you want to hear about Jesus, come find me.  If you want to see Jesus, go find Marsha.  But that actually makes a really good team. She is good a friendship, hugs, meals, listening ear.  I am really good at talking about Jesus and opening Scripture. It's a good match.

We have helped a lot of couples restore their marriage.  Part of that is because we are living proof of the power of God to heal.  She is a stayer, but in all the years and with all the couples who have sat in our living room, I have never heard her speak badly about me.  Spoke truth but always in love.

We have created a refuge/healing home.  Didn't plan it.  It just happened.  Lots of people have showed up at our door.  Some for a few hours.  Some for a few months. 

We have mentored a lot of young couples.  There are a lot of preacher's wives and elder's wives that used Marsha as their role model.

We balance each other out really well.  I pull/push/drag her into doing a lot of things she would not normally do.  She keeps me from sailing off into space with no idea about what is next.  I help her move.  She helps me stay grounded.

Even my preaching is a team effort.  I travel a lot to talk about Jesus.  She supports me, encourages me, lets me, packs me, listens to me.  And when she goes with me, everyone falls in love with her.

We are far from perfect, and we would both tell you that anything and everything we have done is by and because of God.  He took two ordinary people and put us together to do extraordinary things.

Oh yeah, one more thing.  She still holds my hand.  We hold hands a lot.  You don't do that unless there is love and pride. 

So I don't know what is next.  But I do know this.

I'm doing the future with her.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?