Tuesday, September 01, 2020

 

Christians, Politics, and Fellowship

 I know passionate and committed Jesus followers who absolutely are going to vote for Biden.

I know passionate and committed Jesus followers who absolutely are going to vote for Trump.

I know passionate and committed Jesus followers who cannot in good conscience vote for either.

I know passionate and committed Jesus followers who do not ever vote.

Everyone of these think they are doing what God wants them to do.  

They are not all correct.  I think I know which one of these is right.  But I may be wrong.  

But here is what I do know.

Christians cannot let American politics divide our faith family.

We cannot make politics a test of fellowship.  

So please be careful using phrases like...

    "there is no way a Christian could vote for Joe Trump"

    "how can anyone call themselves a Christian if they vote for Donald Biden.

    "you destroy your Christian witness if you do not vote Repulicrat."

    "Jesus would vote Dempublican."

Be positive in expressing your opinion.

Do not be hateful.  Do not be condescending.

Stop listening to every conspiracy theory.  On both sides.

Do not let your political convictions bring division between you and your fellow Christians.

Do not gloat when your candidate wins.  Do not be hateful when your candidate loses.

God is in control.  His Kingdom will outlast America.  There is much work for Christians to do in this world that can be done no matter who wins the election.  And will be done.

And for those that think I never support any politician.  Here is my shout-out.  

I support Kyle and Shane.  Of course they are just local City Council guys but I know them and they are my Christian brothers.

As is Stan Lambert so I support him.

And Mayor Anthony.  

Of course I know him also.  And yes, he is my Christian brother. I don't even know if these guys have a political party.  They aren't even all the same color.  But they love Jesus.  I can call them by name and they know my name.

See the pattern. 

So God, I pray that your will be done in this election.  I pray that your kingdom not be damaged by politics.  Help us to do the Kingdom work that needs doing in our personal space in this world.  For Jesus and in His name.



Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?