Tuesday, August 04, 2020

 

My Granddaughter Anna Ridgell is 15!

Our oldest grandchild, Anna Claire Ridgell, turned 15 yesterday.  Because I want all my people to know they are valued and loved, I blog about them on birthdays.  So here are a few of the reasons I am so proud of Anna Claire.

You are friends with lots of people and you do not exclude anyone.  You have friends that look different, act different, and come from different backgrounds.  You are nice to everyone.  You treat people in such a way that they feel valued.

You are smart.  Advanced studies.  High grades.  Academic awards.  I am proud of you for that.  And proud that you are disciplined about your schoolwork.  Sorry I cannot help you with any of your homework.  You are way smarted than me.

Great athlete.  You are a good volleyball player.  Very good basketball player.  Smart.  Intense.  Competitive.  You handle pressure in your sports really well.  And you are a leader.  Your teammates and coaches value that.  You're a winner.  That comes from somewhere inside you.  

All of these things are going to equip you to succeed in life.  You have such a great family foundation to build on.  You come from a really strong heritage of strong women.  You will carry on that legacy.

People skills, smart, athletic, and yes... pretty.  And you even talk lots to your Mimi and Pops.

But I am most proud that you are a Jesus follower.  That is not always an easy thing.  I am watching your faith move from that of your parents to being your on.  It is powerful.

You are going to do great things Anna.

So do them.

Love God.  Love people.

God bless Anna Claire.  Thank you for the joy she has brought into our lives.  Do great things thru her and in her.  In Jesus.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?