Tuesday, September 15, 2020

 

Thinking about birthday twins

 So I had a birthday last week and I shared it with four special people.

Lois Perkins, Rick Atchley, Don Truitt, and Stephen Jacobs.  

I don't know that these four all know each other.  But I thought a lot about how blessed I have been by my birthday twins.

Lois is one of the all-time great encouragers.  I served as an elder with her husband, Leroy, for a number of years.  She always has a smile and is always fun to be around.

Rick is a great preacher.  I have learned a lot from him about practical ways to preach Scripture.  And he is a passionate voice for reaching people that do not know Jesus.

Don and his wife were our best friends when we were young married couples.  He has been a youth minister, church planter, pulpit minister, and dean of students at a Christian college. His wife Judy just went to her forever home and now Don is showing people the love of God in a way he never wanted.  But it is powerful.

Stephen is one of the all-time great faith fighters.  Satan has come after him over and over.  And Stephen never gives up, never quits on God, and always fights.

So it dawned on me that my birthday twins have made a huge impact on the Kingdom.  Bringing people into a relationship with God, helping others stay focused, growing them spiritually, and encouraging others on the journey.  

So thanks birthday twins.  

You have blessed me.

Most of all, you have honored God.

I pray many more years for each of you.

And someday, we will all hang out forever.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?