Thursday, October 15, 2020

 

Spiritual lessons from my annual cardiologist visit

I had my annual visit to my Cardiologist today.  They asked a bunch of Covid questions, did an EKG, and talked about lab results.  

The EKG is a big deal because mine is... well, odd.  It started when I had my first wellness physical when I turned 50.  They did an EKG and when I got the results, the first question was when did I have my heart attack.  I never have had a heart attack, but there is something about my heart that shows up on an EKG and looks scary.  

It is nice to know where the potential problems are.  You do know that we all have areas where we are spiritually vulnerable.  Physical appetites, greed, and pride/ego.  When you know the temptation, you are better equipped to withstand the devil's approach.

Covid is a new issue this year.  Part of the questions are because at a Cardiologist office there are a lot of vulnerable people.  It is important to protect the weaker among us.  

Same thing spiritually.  We need to be very aware of watching out for each other.  Accountability, confession, and living in real community together.  Protecting each other.  Asking the hard questions.  

Labs help you identify potential areas of weakness.  How is your blood pressure, weight, cholesterol?  What is healthy and what needs attention.

Prayer life, worship, Bible study, service.  Are you spiritually healthy?  What are you doing well with and what needs attention.

And I am fine.  It is time for more follow-up tests.  Better safe than sorry.  Of course I agreed to everything my Doc said.  She knows way more than I do about how to keep my heart healthy.  So I listen and try to do what she says.

God knows way more than I do about how to keep my real heart healthy.  I talk to Him.  I listen to Him.  And I try to do what He says.

Today was about my physical heart, but I am glad for the reminder about my real heart. 

So God keep my heart healthy and turned to you.  Because that is the key to following your Son and having real life forever.  


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?