Thursday, November 19, 2020

 

Andrew Ridgell is 13 today

 My grandson, Andrew Joel Ridgell, turns 13 today.  Here are just a few reasons I love him and am so proud of him.

He lives out his faith.

I have walked across the Fort Worth Christian campus and he knows everyone.  By name.  And acknowledges every one we meet.  All the high school kids (and yes it does help that his sister is in High School).  All the elementary school kids (and yes it helps that his brother is in elementary school).  And they all know him.  He really treats everyone the same.

He stands up for people.  He will not let anyone be bullied.  Impressive when you find this out from other people, not from him.

He does the right things.

I am proud that he is popular.  I am proud he is on the honor role.  I am proud that is a really good athlete.  And even proud that he can control his hyper-competitiveness.  

He is going to be the man Dads will trust with their daughters and Moms will invite in for pie.  

And he is a good outdoorsman.  Really good fisherman.

Already mows yards to make money.  Doesn't spend it all on himself.

Loves his family.  All of us.  Aunts, uncles, cousins, extended family.  

Loves his Pops.  Still talks to me.  Texts me.  Sits with me.  

And God will do great things thru -- and with -- Andrew.

So keep the faith Andrew.  You are loved.  And you share that love with lots of others.

I am glad I get to be your Pops.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?