Thursday, November 26, 2020

 

My Mom turns 90 tomorrow

 My Mom, Juanita Ridgell, turns 90 tomorrow.  Amazing.  Here are a few of the many reasons I love her and am proud of her.

She is still sharp mentally and active physically.  She does senior Yoga and walks on the treadmill at her Retirement Center.  She reads a lot of books, and still studies her Bible.  

She lives in the here and now, not the then and there.  

She passed on a love of learning.  Her family legacy has preachers, teachers, nurses, lawyers, and very succesful business women.  

She loves Jesus and passed that on to the generations after her all the way into her great grandkids. 

She still serves other people.  Helps out with new move-ins at the Center.  Does for people who need help.  

She is really proud of her grands and her greats.  And prays for all of them often.

Takes advice even when she doesn't want to.  Some older parents do not.  She does.  

I don't think I will live as long as my Mom has.  In fact, she may outlive me.  But if I do get that old, I would like to handle it like she does.  

Grace and faith.  That's a great way to live even now.

So thanks Mam for all you have done, and still do, for your kids, grandkids, and great grandkids.  

You are blessed, and you still bless us. 

Love you.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?