Thursday, December 17, 2020

 

Christmas is a time for family

 So I want to upfront here.  I am blessed by the family I have.  My Mom is still with us at 90.  I get along with all my kids.  Grands are fantastic.  We even talk to all our siblings.  So I know I am blessed.

But I also know this is not true for everyone.  Broken marriages.  Strained relationships.  Lonliness.  Pain.

Christmas is a time for family.  So is every time of the year.  We need family.  Those people who you love unconditionally.  Those people who love you.  Family that has your back.

So I think it is amazing that God would provide us with family.  All year round.

Not suprising because, after all, He made us and knows what we need.  But still amazing.

Church really is family.  Not a building.  Not an organization.  Not a business.  Or at least that is not how God designed it.  God made church to be a community where we do life together.

Church has father figures that teach the younger men how to be faithful followers, husbands, Dads, and friends.  Spiritual Moms who teach the younger women to be faithful followers, wives, and Moms.  

Brothers and sisters.

Family, not by blood DNA, but by Jesus blood.

People who love you unconditionally.  And that you love.  People who have your back.  Family that wants the best for you.  

I love the holiday season with my natural family.  Games, food, laughter, love.  I can count on them and they can count on me.  I thank God for them every day.

But I also love every day with my spiritual family.  A family defined by faith in Jesus, not by location or even "placing membership."  But the family I was born again into.

Some of the closest relationships I have are with those blood brothers.  

So thank you God for making it possible for anyone to have a real family.  Not just at Christmas, but all year round.

You can have that blessing too.  Let me help.  steveridgellministry@gmail.com.

So I love you Ridgell clan.

And I love you Jesus family. 

Happy Christmas all year long. 


Comments:
I was reading through your December posts. All very good and encouraging. Thank you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?