Thursday, December 24, 2020

 

I love Christmas presents

Christmas presents are so great.  When I was little it was a time of anticipation and ... well, let's be honest.  It was much more about what I was getting than what I gave.  But as I got older, and I hope more mature, I realized I enjoyed watching others get gifts.  I don't really much care about whether I get anything or not.  But I really love watching my grands, and even still my kids, open their presents.  

Lots of love in giving and recieving gifts.  Joy, hugs, thank-you's.  Even tears sometimes.  

I wish I could do Christmas presents all year long.

And of course I can.

The greatest gift I have ever gotten was that God sent His only Son to die for my sins.  I didn't deserve it.  Even after all the years of enjoying that gift, I still do not deserve it.  Never will.  I am in awe that God loved/loves me so much that He would let His Son do that.  Greatest gift ever.  

And it is not just for me.  It is a gift for anyone that wants it.  To not recieve the gift of Jesus is to leave the greatest gift of your life wrapped and under the tree.

I get to share in the giving of that gift.

There are so many people in our world who do not know that God gave the greatest gift ever.  Or they do not think it is for them.  They don't really understand the gift.  So God let's me -- and the rest of His people -- share in the amazing priviledge of announceing that gift.

Then convince them to open it.  To recieve it.  Gifts are funny that way.  You can't make people open them.  They can refuse them.  They can leave them unopened.

How selfish of us to not share the good news of the greatest gift ever given.

How heartbreaking to see people ignore that gift.

So to my Christian community:  enjoy the greatest gift ever.  Enjoy it all year long.  Forever.  But please share it.  We have to.

And to my non-Christian friends.  It really is the greatest gift you will ever get.  Please let me share it with you.  Please accept it.  

It changes everything.

Christmas all year long.  Forever.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?