Tuesday, December 22, 2020

 

It's Christmas. Let's Eat.

 Boy do we eat a lot around Christmas.  Maybe that's one reason I love this time of year.  And it helps that my wife Marsha is a great cook.  We have big family meals.  We have lots of snacks.  More sweets than the whole rest of the year combined.  Neighbors get food.  Friends get food.  Shut-ins get food.  Older friends get food.  So does family.  So do I.  My wife even organized some kind of drive-by with her friends to get homemade soup.

I wish I could have Christmas all year round.  I might gain 50 pounds every year but I love to eat.

Though truth be told... it is the people more than the food.  Eating is our excuse to hang out together.  It is talking about life over hambugers or pie.  It is expressing love.  It is sharing life.  Doing life.  It is inviting people to our table that are family and friends.  And those that are becoming family and friends.  There is always room for more.  Even when our kids were growing up, it always seemed like one -- or ten -- of their friends were there.  

So I got to thinking ...

I do have Christmas food all year long.

My church community eats all the time.  Every Sunday we gather together and eat at a meal hosted by Jesus.  His body and blood.  We reflect on God's love.  We express our love for each other.  We remember the great love Jesus showed when he died for us.  

It is a family tradition.  There is always room for one more.  In fact, we make it a point to invite outsiders to join our family and share in our meal.

Love and life.  Gathered at a supper hosted by Jesus.  

Family time.  

And you are invited.

Just let me know and I will help you into our family.

steveridgellministry@gmail.com

See you around the dinner table.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?