Thursday, March 18, 2021

 

Ten Reasons I am Optomistic about the Church

I do beleive the church has a bright future ahead of it.  Maybe I am just optomistic by nature.  Or maybe I am optomistic by spiritual conviction.

But here are my ten reasons the church is going to thrive in the future.

God's Kingdom will last forever.  I am part of something that will never end.  

God is in charge.  He is going to right all wrongs someday.  He will come in judgement.  My faith in His Son will ensure my salvation.

I can't die.  The worst that happens to me is that this earthly body is killed or dies.  But the same God that resurrected Jesus from the dead will resurrect me.

I will live forever.  So the 70 or 80 years here is just a drop in the bucket.

I am making a difference.  Helping people find Jesus.  Helping people fight for their faith.  It matters.  People really are changed forever.  

History is on our side.  God writes history.  His will is going to be done.  He will triumph in the end.

Truth.  God is true.  Satan is the father of lies.  Truth will always win out.  Becuase Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

The kingdom is going to grow.  I may not live to see the coming spiritual revolution.  But it is coming.  People are going to seek Jesus.

There are lots of disciples that will answer the call to go into their world and make disciples.  

Young people.  My grandkids and others are going to live out their faith.  They will not seek recongnition or glory here but they will seek God's glory and they will make a difference.  And they will teach their children to love God, love others, and make disciples.  And on it will go until Jesus returns.

So yeah... I am very optomistic about the future of the church.

Even if it looks nothing like the church I spent my life in.

Well, except for Jesus, love, baptism, Lord's supper, serving, and reaching others.

So I guess it is the same.  


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?