Thursday, April 01, 2021

 

What to do about Saturday

Tomorrow is Good Friday.  Sunday is Easter.  The cross.  The empty tomb.  Death and resurrection.  Jesus dying for our sins.  Lots of Sunday resurrection excitement.

So what about Saturday.  The in-between day.  What do you do with Saturday?  We wait.  That time between death and burial until resurrection.  Thankful and hopeful while we wait.

It seems to me that is exactly where we Christians find ourselves in this life.

I have died.  When I decided to be baptized, it was a decision to die.  Baptized into his death.  Buried by baptism into death.  Crucified with Christ.  My sins washed away.  Dead to sin.  Promising to continue to put to death the things of this world.

Filled with the Holy Spirit.  Alive to God.  Living as Jesus lived.  

No longer afraid of the physical death.  

But not yet fully with God.  Still longing for the heavenly city.  Still a stranger and alien here.  

Waiting for Jesus to return.

Waiting till resurrection. 

So in the "Saturday" of my life I will remember to be thankful for the death of Jesus and blood shed so I can live.  I will celebrate the resurrection of Jesus.  I will look forward to my resurrection.

I will love the God who gave His Son for me.

I will love the people in my world and invite them to share in the life with Jesus.

So they can die with Him.

And be raised forever with Him.

Until then ... I live and I wait in hope.  


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?