Thursday, May 06, 2021

 

Honoring My Moms

 I have been very blessed in my life by the Moms in my family.  Here are a couple of reasons why they deserve my honor and thanks.

My mom Juanita Ridgell.  She is responsible for planting faith in my heart from a young age.  Took me to church.  Matriarch of our family.  Great role model for the daughters, grand-daughters, and great grand-daughters in our family.  Smart, active, faithful.

Marsha's mom Jean Herttenberger.  We all still miss her.  Granny was such a great example of a wife and mother.  I see so much of her in the girls in our family.  Loving, servant heart.

Mimi.  My wife Marsha.  Tough, faithful, friend, mother to not just our girls but countless others.  Church Mom.  Neighborhood Mom.  Mom to all our kids friends.  Mom to lots of your teachers.  Selfless.  Giver.  Servant.

Our daughter Julie Gilbreth.  She is tough.  Being a single Mom is hard.  Works hard in a demanding field as a nurse.  Tender heart.  

Joe Don's wife Jamie Ridgell.  Busy.  Calm.  Jesus followerer.  School Mom.  Role model for young Moms at church.  Friend to so many.

I have no doubt Anna Ridgell and Avery Gilbreth will be strong women and great Moms some day.  How could they not be with the examples that have gone before them.  

And I believe Jake Gilbreth, Andrew Ridgell, and Austin Ridgell will marry strong, faithful women.  That is the kind of woman they re used to being around.  

So I have been blessed beyond anything I could have ever imagined.  

So thanks God for the Moms in my life.  For what they have done for me, but what they have done for so many others.  

 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?