Tuesday, May 18, 2021

 

Married 48 years

Tomorrow is our anniversary.  Marsha and I will have been married 48 years.  That is a long time in our world today.  It doesn't seem that long to us.  We hang out in church a lot so we see lots of long marriages.  But it is impressive.  

So here are just a few reasons I love us and am proud of us.  

We still have fun.  Look forward to date night.  Enjoy hanging out.  Love get-away trips.  

We would still choose each other.  

She still makes my heart turn over when she comes in a room.  I still make her laugh.

We stuck it out.  We have survived sin, sin that other people did to us, sickness, ecomonic stress.  It's a fallen world and we live in the middle of it.  Better or worse.  Richer or poorer.  Sickness and in health.  We have had some of all of it.  And we stuck it out.  

Faith in Jesus matters.  We have been in great church situations and in horrible church situations.  But Jesus has always been the center.  

So does family.  We have taken care of parents.  Still take care of my Mom.  Blessed by our kids and grands.  And watching the grands and seeing them grow is a real blessing.

Our legacy is solid.  We have made a difference.  In our family.  And in other families.  

We still keep going.  Life together is great and we intend to keep on until we can't.  

Then we go to heaven.

So Mimi... we have done good.  Because of you.  Because of God.

I am not lucky.  I am blessed.

I love us.  And I am proud of us.

Thanks God. 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?