Thursday, July 22, 2021

 

My college roommate, Richard Blaisdell, retired

 He was my college roommate.  Well, before that he was my best friend.  And before that... the truth is I don't remember meeting Richard Blaisdell.  We were newborns together in the old Trinity Heights church of Christ nursery.  

I just recently attended his Retirement party at the Buckingham Road church of Christ.  He has worked with that church for over 40 years as a missionary, youth director, pulpit minister, and preaching elder.  Even now, he is not retiring.  He will still work some as their local missionary evangelist.  

So here are a few reasons I am proud of Richard and glad he has been my friend for almost 70 years.

He is the most genuine person I know.  No hidden agendas.  No trying to impress anyone.  No saying what he doesn't really mean.  

He loves Jesus.  He loves his family.  He loves his church.  He loves lost people.

He loves me.  

He is a great encourager.  Never have I heard him say anything negative about anyone.  I am sure he has to think negative things sometimes, even about me.  He just never says it.

I don't know anyone that does not love Richard.  He wants what is best for everyone. That mostly involves helping everyone be a follower of Jesus.

That old Trinity Heights group produced a lot of men and women who have done amazing things in the Kingdom.

Richard leads that group.

So I am glad he is not really retiring.  He will keep teaching, shepherding, and helping people find Jesus.

And besides, if he ever really retires, that might make me think about it.  :)

So well done Richard Blaisdell,

I am proud of you.

More importantly, God is proud of his servant.  You helped God change a lot of lives for the better.

Including mine.

So God, thanks for Richard.  Continue to bless him and use him.  And give us more like him.  


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?