Tuesday, August 10, 2021

 

Allison, Susan, and Herald of Truth Ministries

 Budgets, payroll, expense reports, financials.  I don't understand any of them, but I really appreaciate those who do.

For over 16 years I have worked as a preacher for Herald of Truth Ministries.  We tell people about Jesus and help others to do the same.  For much of that time, Allison Connor has been our Financial person.  I really appreciate all she has done for this ministry. I never worried about whether bills got paid.  Or if I would get paid.  She moved money all over the world for our ministry projects.  

And she was always nice about it.  Reminding me to turn in reciepts.  Thanking me when I did.  Explaining forms required.  Asking questions when I was not clear.  Didn't ever seem to mind when I asked the same question over and over.  I am sure she did mind, she just never showed it to me.  And for many of our years together, we even went to the same church.  

But she is raising three girls (about to be four) and it is time for her to move on.  Her choice.  Bittersweet.  Happy for her.  Sad for us.  

And a little concerned.  How in the world would we get anyone as capable as her?  Or as nice?  

And then we hired Susan Hardcastle.  Her husband Jack is one of the ministers at Hillcrest.  So we go to church together.  And we are neighbers.  She comes from the ACU athletic department and is extremely talented and capable.  And nice.

And just like Allison, she knows my wife Marsha and will not be shy about communicating to her what I forget to share.  

Ministry is a special calling.  And make no mistake, handling the finances for a major non-profit is ministry.  If I don't have an Allison or a Susan, I don't get to do what I love.  

So thanks Allison for your heart and your work.  You made a difference.

And Susan, I am so excited for you.  I look forward to working with you and getting to hang out with you and Jack.  Or maybe I should say hang out more.  

You are exactly who God wanted to work in this position at this ministry at this time.

I even tried to give Susan a reference but every time I tried to tell someone at our office we should hire her, they all said we already know all about her.  Nice.  And Susan is way younger than me so she may be the last financial genius I will work with.

Susan loves God, loves people, and wants everyone to know Jesus.  She will fit right in.

So thanks God for what Allison has done to help people know your Son thru the work of Herald of Truth.  Bless her and her family.  And thanks for bringing us Susan.  You always provide and we are thankful.  

  


Comments:
Great article. And great choice!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?