Thursday, August 19, 2021

 

Your body, abortion, and vaccinations

For some time now, abortion advocates have strongly made the point that a woman has the right to control her own body.  That no one else should be able to tell her what she can -- or cannot -- do with what belongs only to her.  So she -- and she alone -- should have the right to decide about whether to abort or not.  

I am not even talking about life, or father's rights, or a Christian perspective.  Just talking about a culture that has strongly bought in to the "my body my choice" thinking.

Covid.  Vaccinations.  Vaccination advocates are begging everyone to get vaccinated in order to stop this outbreak.  Do it for your neighbor.  Don't be selfish.  We could stop this if everyone would just be vaccinated.

And those who are not getting vaccinated say it is my body.  I have the right to do with it as I choose.  

So ...

Is it my body my choice or is it do with my body what is best for everyone else?

When you teach one idea as truth you should never be surprised when someone uses the exact same arguement with a different issue.

Abortion advocates drilled into our culture the idea that it is your body and no one can tell you what to do with it.  You know, the exact arguement many non-vaxers use.

It happens in other settings also.  Teaching a concept that applies to one situation and then watching someone apply it in ways you never expected.   

It always seems so clear when advancing your agenda.  And so confusing when used for a different agenda.  

I am not even using this blog to advocate for any one position.  Just pointing out that you can't always control how people think.  And people do think.

And just to be clear...

I am a Christian and I think God values life, so I will not advocate for abortion.  

And I have been vaccinated.  

Just reminding us all that the things taught as truth will be applied to lots of situations.  Not just the ones we intended.

In our culture.  In business.  Even in church.

So think.






Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?