Tuesday, November 30, 2021

 

Remembering my brother-in-law Robert Frank

 You don't get to pick your in-laws.  You pick your mate and you get their family.  Or your sister gets married and you get a brother-in-law.  Over time, a funny thing happens.  You forget they are an in-law.

In my case, I got Robert as part of my family when he married my sister, Jan.

And this past week he died from complications of a massive heart attack.

So I've been thinking about why I loved Robert.  And I think it is because of who he loved.

Obviously, it starts with my sister.  He loved her.  And it showed.  He always called her his lady.  When Jan was sick, he was her caregiver.  Jan has battled health issues for a while and he took up the slack.  Worked hard to provide, took care of meals, and kept things running.  You could see the love in his eyes.  And hers too for that matter.

He loved his family.  Helped out with our folks.  Raised three amazing girls.  Loved his grands.  Liked to brag on his family in healthy ways.

He loved life.  Never understood he was getting older.  Never really gave in to heart issues.  

Loved Jesus.  Taught the same Bible class for years.  And did more than just teach.  He took care of that class.  Talked about his faith.  Prayed.  

I guess you are going to love the people who love the same things you do.

Well done Robert.  Well done.


Comments:
I help take care of one of the people in his Bible Study class...On Thanksgiving Day, around 1, Robert texted me from his hospital bed to make sure my friend was ok that day. That is the kind of man he was.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?