Thursday, December 30, 2021

 

Christian Resolutions and process over results

 We've all been down that road before.  Christian resolutions that focus on results.  And often pretty fuzzy, hard to define Christian results.

"I am going to a better parent/spouse."

"I am going to be more spiritual."

"I am going to stop drinking, gossipping, or ..."

"I am going to study the Bible more."

Very results driven.  And these are not bad results.  Just really hard to measure.

But what if we made resolutions/focused on concrete processess.  Processes over time that would lead to the very results we desire.

I will take my wife on a date every month.

I will read one chapter a day in my Bible.

I will get an accountability partner and be honest about my journey.

I will be sure my spouse has the passwords to all my social media.

I will invite my neighbors over for supper and get to know them.

I will join a small group for fellowship, Bible study, and prayer.

Well, you get the idea.  

Less grand, unmeasurable resolutions.

More down to earth, practical resolutions that actually help me get to the place I want to be.

God bless your year.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?