Thursday, January 06, 2022

 

My grandson Jake is about to turn 16

 So Sunday my grandson, Jake Gilbreth, turns 16.  Here are just a few of the reasons I love him and am so proud of him.

Jake is tough.  Life has not been easy for Jake.  Had to live thru things and has seen things that I wish he hadn't.  But he has gotten thru and keeps on going.  Tough people make it.

He loves music.  Honors band.  Steel band.  Plays drums and all sorts of procussion instruments.  I am not musical but he sure is.  Love to hear him play.

Jake is good with kids.  I watch him with little kids and am amazed at his patience and kindness.  And boy do they love him.

Loves animals.  Takes care of them.  

He has a heart for the people on the margins.  Hurts for them.  Helps them.

He is a hard worker.  Got a job on his own last summer.   Still has it.  

He is appreciative and says thank-you for anything someone does for him.  That is rare.

Good student.  

Doesn't have to be like everyone else.  He is content to be Jake.

I don't know what all the future holds for Jake.  But I do know he is ready for it in lots of ways.

So I thank God for giving me a man like Jake for my first grandson. 

I am blessed.

Love you Jake.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?