Tuesday, March 22, 2022

 

Starting (or Restarting) with Jesus

 Another Hope for Life Publications book is out and you need to get it.

Starting (or Restarting) with Jesus by Timothy Archer.

Full Disclosure:  I am a huge Tim Archer fan.  He is a good preacher and a great writer.  Knows Scripture.  Good thinker.  Serves as an elder.  Directs the International Ministry for Herald of Truth.

Go make disciples.  I really get the baptizing them.  I am good at sharing Jesus and helping people commit to buy in.  But making a disciple does not stop there.  We have to teach them to obey what Jesus commanded.  

I am not good at this part of discipling.  

And I am really good at helping the Christian who cannot get past their sin. 

But a lot of believers also struggle with the realization that they have just not stayed as focused on their Chrisitan journey as they should be.  I have not been as good at helping them.

And now I have a resource to use.

Starting or Restarting, this book is designed for one on one mentoring.  Or to use in small groups.  Very practical.  Use it with new Christians or with those who are trying to restart their walk.

So here is what I am doing with this book.

I am buying several.  I want to share it with those I baptize.  I want to get a group of people at my church who are willing to connect with new Christians and help them start their walk in a healthy way.

I am going to use it with those who want to get back on track.  

Maybe elders ought to keep a few of these around.  Or maybe buy a supply for your church to use.

So order one or more from www.heraldoftruth.org.  Look under the Marketplace section or leave a message.  Or go on Amazon and order several.  

I am.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?