Tuesday, April 05, 2022

 

Marsha is 69 tomorrow

 So my wife Marsha turns 69 tomorrow and we have been celebrating all week (and probably next week too).  Here are a few of the reasons I love her and am proud she is my wife.

She loves big.  Loves God.  Loves her family.  Loves her extended family.  Loves people.

She prays.  Prays for me, her kids, her grands, her friends, and everybody that asks.

Opens up our home.  And, make no mistake, she is the one who makes our house into a hospitality center.  She feeds people.  She prays with people.  She listens to people.  She hugs people.  She cries with people.  She laughs with people.  She talks Jesus with people.  She is why a lot of people want to hang out at our house.

The way she cared for her folks in their last days was a holy ministry.

She helps my Mom just like she did her Mom.  

She treats our kid's mates just like she does our kids. 

She has been a surrogate Mom/Mimi to more younger woman than I can count.

She takes care of me.  Keeps me centered and calm.  Reminds me everything will still be OK.

I still look for her when I speak.  

She has heard some of my stuff dozens (and dozens) of times.  Still makes me think it is her first time to hear it and that she is glad she did.

Still holds my hand.

And she still makes my heart jump when she comes in the room.

Thanks God for the amazing gift of Mimi/Marsha.  She has helped grow the Kingdom and been a living witness to what it means to follow your son.  Keep using her.  And I am thankful because she has made all the difference in my life.  


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?