Thursday, May 12, 2022

 

A few thoughts about the abortion laws

 I know Roe vs. Wade may not be overturned.  But it may.  So here are a few thougthts.

I am always glad to see life protected, especially for those who have no voice.  but that is strongly rooted in my conviction to follow Jesus.  

I am not sure laws really change things.  Not in America or anywhere else.  But that conviction is probably becuase I believe my Kingdom is not of this world.  Another Christian conviction.

Sexual morality would solve a lot of the abortion issue.  Not all, but it would help.  But I would not expect non-Christians to live by Jesus' teaching.  After all, why would they?  And it is hard enough for us Christians.  But a Christian ethic would help.

The great secret in all of this is the number of Christians who get abortions.  They are guilt ridden.  So more teaching on grace and forgiveness.  Christian doctrine.

If women do not abort babies, some of them are going to be in serious need of emotional, physical, financial, and spiritual support.  More adoption services.  Foster care.  Of course, this is what Christians live for -- to help others.  

So it dawns on me that if I really want to make a difference in the abortion issue, I need to keep talking about Jesus.  More bringing non-beleivers into the Kingdom.  Greater commitment to the greatest commandments:  loving God and loving others.

Make more disciples.

That is the only way I know that works to solve any of this world's mess.

And after all, that is why Jesus came... 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?