Tuesday, May 17, 2022

 

And here is my Lynn Anderson story

 Lots of preachers have shared how much Lynn Anderson did for them and their ministry.  Great stories of encouragement.

Here is mine.

It really was a dark time in my life, not just my ministry.  Battling sin.  Lots of people talking about me.  Hardly anyone talking to me.  Trying to decide what was next.

And Lynn called.  We were not really close at that time.  Of course I knew Lynn, and he knew who I was.  But he invited me to breakfast.  And here are a few things that have stuck with me for 40 years.

He bought my breakfast.  Didn't have to and I would have bought his.  That was kind.

He treated me just like he would have at any other time.  

I could tell he loved me and cared about me.  Jesus was clearly the most important thing on the agenda.

He took me to an out-of-the way place where no one would see us.  Actually helping me, not just being seen.

He gave real, practical advice for living up to my calling in Christ.

Shared some really personal stories.  He didn't have to but he did.

He believed in me.  Positive that God still had great plans for me.

At that breakfast, I was the most important person in his life.

So how did it all turn out?

I got out of full-time ministry for a time.  Did a lot of preaching and a lot of minsitry.  God did some amazing things in my life and in ministry.  And every time I saw Lynn he was gracious, kind, encouraging, and never said one word about my past or our meeting.

And here is what I learned from Lynn.

It is OK to stick your nose into someone's business.  Just be sure it is because of love.  

No one needs to know about all the people you are helping.

Believe in people.

Seek Jesus.

Well done Lynn.  For me and countless others.

You and Jesus made a difference.

See you later.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?