Tuesday, June 28, 2022

 

My son Joe Don is 44 tomorrow

Most of you know it is a custom of mine to post something about my family members on birthdays and anniversaries.  So my son Joe Don turns 44 tomorrow.  Here are a few reasons I am proud of him.  

When I tell people he is my son I always hear good things.  I know some people are so nice that they would not say bad things, but the response is always immediate and positive.  It has been that way for a long time.  When people that know him meet me the first words out of their mouth are always "you must be so proud", or "you raised a great son".  And they inevitably have a story about how he has impacted their life.

He really invests in people.  Three kids, two of which are teenagers.  He is intentional to spend quality time with each of them individually and collectively.  And that is after he spends time with Jamie.  Then he finds time to invest in extended family.  Parents, siblings, nieces and nephews.  He is the person you want as a friend.  He will be in your corner.

Gives great advice.  Well thought out.  Practical.  

All of this is built on his relationship with Jesus. 

Joe Don is my son.  I love him and I am proud of him.  He is worth listening to.

So thanks God for Joe Don.  Bless him as a husband, Dad, brother, uncle, and friend.  Protect him from the evil one.  Continue to do great things in him and thru him for the kingdom.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?