Tuesday, July 05, 2022

 

A few random thoughts about forgiveness...

 We have to forgive people who sin against us.  It is not even optional.  It is required.

Jesus taught us how to pray and part of the instruction is to ask forgiveness as we forgive those who sin against us.  

Jesus even explains this.  If we do not forgive, we will not be forgiven.

My forgiveness has nothing to do with the other sinner's salvation.

It may have everything to do with my salvation.  

God is the only one who can forgive the sins against Him.

But I can forgive the sins against me.  So my forgiveness does not have anything to do with their salvation. 

I do have a soft spot for the faith fighters.  Those who really have to battle their sin.  But they are sorry, they vow to do different, and they fight to do better.

I appreciate the people that confess their sin against me, but they do not have to do that for me to forgive them. 

Sometimes I can even see the repentance in their life going forward.

And the Lord knows how much He has had to forgive me.  

There are people that have forgiven me for much.

So I will work at forgiving all those who have sinned against me.

I will try not to remember it.  I will not dwell on the past.  I will focus on the future. 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?