Thursday, September 29, 2022

 

I sure learn a lot when I teach

 I teach a lot at Hillcrest church in Abilene where I am on staff as a local evangelist.  One of my favorite classes to teach is in our Life Groups.  They are smaller and more informal.  So there is a lot of discussion and comments.

One of the participants last Sunday night made the comment that they often prayed for someone to be in their children's life to influence them for Jesus.  I have heard many similar comments from many people.  Marsha and I get it.  We often pray for Jesus people to enter the lives of our kids and grandkids.  The more the merrier is our philosophy.

But it was a follow-up comment that really struck me.  

He said that he imagined this prayer was being prayed by many people all over the world  Well sure, that makes sense.  It was the follow-up comment that really struck me.

What if we are the answer to someone's prayer for a Jesus person to be in the life of someone they care about .

It made me think.  Marsha and I are in the lives of a lot of people.  People that do not know Jesus.  People trying to find their way back to Jesus.  People struggling to stay in Jesus.

That is who we are and that is what we do.

But I am not sure I think very much about the fact that we may be the answer to someone's prayer.

It has made me even more intentional about being aware of opportunities.

You should be too.  God may be listening to a prayer and then using us as the answer.

Jesus people in the lives of someone.

So let's pray that prayer.  God put Jesus people in the lives of those we love.

And let's be aware that God may be expecting to be that answer in someone's life. 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?