Thursday, September 08, 2022

 

I turn 71 this Sunday

 Wow.  71.  Don't feel like it.  But it is true.  So I have lived most of my life.  I have -- well, only God knows -- how many more years to be active and productive for Jesus and His kingdom.

So here are a few thougthts on getting another year older.

I am not going to change anything.  Not going to retire.  Not going to slow up.  Still going to work at Herald of Truth and Hillcrest.  I suppose at some point I won't be able to travel like I do.  That may change Herald of Truth.  But I will keep talking about Jesus until I can't.

I have been blessed way more than I could ever have expected and certainly way more than I deserve.  

The fact that God loves me and Jesus died for me is overwhelming.  To live in His forgiveness and love is the most amazing thing I could ever have imagined.  

Marsha and I have had a great life.  She is such a great wife for me.  Still having fun.  Still having adventures.  Still doing ministry.  

My kids are so great.  Joe Don and Jamie.  Julie and Tim.  They are both happy and in healthy marriages.  God is so good.

My grands bring me joy every day.  All five.  Each of whom is absolutely my favorite.  Anna, Jake, Avery, Andrew, and Austin.  

We love developing our ranch.  Building a Barndo/retreat center out there.  Hoping to have elder retreats.  Family gatherings.  Maybe even some spiritual warfare retreats.  

So I am really happy at 71.  Everything can change in an instant but that will be OK also.  I'm going to live forever anyway.

so...

Talk about Jesus.

Hang out with family and friends.

Ranch.  

I have a couple of more books I'd love to write.

A few weeks.  A couple of decades.  

Either way, God has got this.


Comments:
Love your perspective! I’m right there with you (minus your level of energy!)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?