Tuesday, November 22, 2022

 

My Mom is turning 92

 That title is amazing.  My Mom is about to turn 92 in just a few days.  Even more amazing is how she lives.  So here are just a few reasons I love her and am proud of her.  After all, even at 92 it is good to know that you are loved and appreciated.

She takes whatever life throws at her and keeps going.  My Dad having Alzhiemer's and then passing several years ago.  My sister's husband dying of a heart attack.  Having to move from her home in East Texas to West Texas by us.

She stays active.  Lets me manage her money but she knows everything I do and why.  Reads a lot.  Her Bible first, but lots of books.  Works crossword puzzles.  Does "seniorcize" and yoga.  Walks on the treadmill.

Cares about people.  Checks on everyone in her Retirement Center.  Welcomes move-ins.  Takes meals to shut-ins.  

Loves her family.  Keeps up with the grands and all her greats.

Loves God.  Still goes to worship every Sunday.  Active in her Bible class.  And her women's study.  And the Sunday night worship at the Center.  And the singing.  Well, you get the idea.  Knows the Bible.  Prays.

Still talks to people about Jesus.  Evangelistic.

Let's us take care of her.  She doesn't need much, but she is quick to do what we ask.  Doesn't impose or demand.  Talking to lots of our friends in the same situation reminds me what a blessing that is.

All the girls in our family want to be like her.  That is about as good a compliment as I can imagine.  Truth be told, most of the guys in our family want to be like her too.

So God, thanks for Mam.  For her love of you and of us.  Bless her last years and see her home when the time comes.    


Comments:
She is so loved and appreciated by everyone at University Place. By new friends and old friends ( like me.. about 60 years.. You are and should be very proud !!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?