Thursday, November 24, 2022

 

Thanksgiving Day

 Today is the day.  It's Thanksgiving.

And as I always do, I want to take a moment to reflect of what I am thankful for this year.

More than ever, I am thankful for salvation in Jesus.  Maybe it is because my new book, Wounds Into Scars, is out and it reminded me all over again how undeserving I am of God's grace.  And I am thankful that it is already in the second print run.  

So thankful for family.  Kids, grands, my Mom, especially Mimi.  Siblings.  Friends who are like family.  Our church family.  Life group.  Small group.  Bible class.  Just thankful for all the people we get to do life with. 

Thankful our daughter Julie found her husband Tim.  Glad for the son he is to us.  Joe Don and Jamie.  The grands are growing up.  Their faith is growing.

Ridgell Ranch.  God's creation.  Wildlife, including the deer we harvest and eat.  God's provision.  Cattle and their babies.  

People wanting Jesus.  Spending a lot of time sharing Jesus.  So thankful for what God is doing in this world.

Thankful for health.  We are getting older.  Maybe getting old.  But God has blessed us with health and energy.  Thankful to Him.

Thankful we have enough.  Building our Barndominium at the Ranch.  Dedicating it to Kingdom use.  Thankful we can eat.  And can feed others.  Thankful for resources to help others in need.  

And mostly thankful because I deserve none of this.  Not any of it.  

I know that.

So when I forget to list all the things I am thankful for today...

I'll just say

Thank you God.   


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?