Thursday, January 05, 2023

 

Our grandson, Jake Gilbreth, is turning 17

 Our grandson, Jake Gilbreth, turns 17 next week.  Everyone needs to know they are loved and that someone is proud of them.  And why.  So, as is my custom, here are a few of the many reasons I love Jake and am proud of him.

He is very determined to find his own faith path.  He listens, evaluates, and is deciding what he is going to do about Jesus. I appreciate him for putting in the work to know his path.  And I appreciate that he always comes to hear me preach when I am preaching anywhere in and around Abilene.  He likes my preaching, but he also likes to support me.  That is special.

He is a hard worker.  Applied for and got his first job at 15.  At a Garden Center.  He has earned raises, he is responsible, and he is a good employee.  I do not know what Jake will do for a career, but he will succeed at it.

He is genuinely kind and has a heart for people that are hurting.  That is a rare thing these days but he has it.

He loves animals.  We have that in common.  Tender hearted.  Looks for the lost animals.  Would adopt as many as he could.  

Jake is a gentle giant in the very best sense of the phrase.  He is strong, but he has a good heart to go with his physical strength.  

I know it is easy to worry about kids and grands as they get closer to being on their own, but I really don't worry about Jake.  He will be fine.  He will take care of himself and he will help others.  He will decide on his faith and he will not be shaken.  He will live it out.

So thanks Jake.  Thanks for making me proud.  Thanks for becoming a man that we admire.  

God bless Jake.  Thank you for protecting him and watching over him.  Do great things in him and thru him.  In the name of Jesus. 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?