Tuesday, February 14, 2023

 

Thinking about all my Valentines today

 There are lots of people to be aware of on today -- Valentine's Day.

My wife Marsha.  Of course we want to to remember THE one.  Always grateful she chose me.

My Mom.  My Dad has gone several years now.  Marsha and I get her flowers and candy.  Take her on a lunch date.  Maybe there are older people in your life that don't have their Valentine anymore.  Remember them.

Our family.  Julie, Joe Don, Jamie, Tim, Anna, Jake, Avery, Andrew, Austin.  Kids, in-laws, and grands.  Each one of them a special love to us in their own way.

My friends who are having a tough time today.  One of my best friends is living his first Valentine without his love.  He is not the only one.  Maybe reach out to those in your life who may be having a hard time today.  

My friends who feel betrayed by Valentine's Day.  By the mate that left them.  Or the hard break-up when they thought it was forever love.  Maybe they need a quick call or text that says I love you.

The friends who never got their Valentine.  Wanted love, came close maybe, but it just never happened for them.  Maybe they need to be reminded that they are loved.  And valuable.  And why.

So give a gift to those who need a little extra this year.  Lunch.  A call.  Text.  Send a card.  Flowers.  Candy.  

It matters.

And of course I always want to remember the greatest gift of love I have ever gotten.  The gift of Jesus.  I am always in awe that God gave me the gift of His Son.  

Come to think about, everyone of my special Valentines is a direct result of that one great gift.

So thanks God, Jesus and Marsha.  

and to all my Valentines

I love you 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?