Thursday, April 06, 2023

 

Why my wife Marsha is so great at 70

 Yes I said it.  My wife Marsha is 70 today.  There are lots of reasons I love her and am proud of her, but here are five quick ones.

Great wife.  Not just because she makes me a better person, or even that she makes me a better follower of Jesus.  Not even because she takes care of me so well.  But because she supports me.  She still shows up to hear me teach and preach.  And listens.  She has heard about everything I have to say and still is engaged and supportive.  She knows when things are hard and I need her eye contact, or for her to hold my hand.  And she does.

Great Mom.  Our kids have really been blessed.  Julie and Joe Don were raised by a Mom that encourages them, loves them, is proud of them, and is always there for them.  And she counts Jamie and Tim as her kids.  Really special to have a mother-in-law who treats you as her kid.

Great Mimi.  I am sure there are grandmothers better than Mimi.  I just have never seen one.  So great to help when they were babies.  Cousin camps.  Showing up for activities.  Holiday sacks.  Time, prayer, and love. 

Great daughter.  I don't just mean for her folks, though she was amazing in their last years.  But she is a great daughter to my Mom.  Does lots of errands for her, talks to her often.  My Mom loves me, but if it is anything important she wants to talk to Marsha.

Great friend.  She is loyal, faithful, and will do anything for her people.  

But here is the best one.

Faithful follower of Jesus.  She works to do what Jesus wants, talks to others about Jesus, prays lots, has a lot of people into our home.  Especially the seekers and the wounded.  

It is hard to believe she is 70.  Doesn't act it.  Sure doesn't look it.  

God thanks for blessing us with Marsha.  Give her lots more years of health to love you and to love her people.


Comments:
You forgot to say how sweet she is to her mother-in-law!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?