Thursday, May 11, 2023

 

A Shout out to my Moms

 It is about to be Mother's Day and so I need to say thanks to my Moms.

I love my Mom.  92 and still going strong.  She still supports me, encourages me, loves me, is proud of me, and sets a great example for me.  She has shown mercy and grace.  She has been consistant and steadfast in her life and in her love.  She taught me about Jesus.  I am so thankful that God gave me to her.  

I am thankful for my maternal grandmother.  Mamma Ruth had a hard life.  It is hard to be warm and loving when you never saw much of that in your own life.  But she did love me.  And she helped instill faith in me.  She had a strong faith and a deep love of Scripture.  Her faith in the midst of hard things did much to form my own convictions.

My mother-in-law was never an in-law.  She was a real mother to me.  Loved me, believed in me, and never gave up on me.  She was warm, loving, happy, and she raised my wife.  So I will always be thankful for her and look forward to seeing her again in heaven.

My wife Marsha.  I know she is not my Mom.  I know she is my wife.  But we went thru a lot of years where she was Mom.  One of the greatest things she ever did for me was to raise our two kids.  And she does take care of me.  My kids absolutely hit the jackpot with her.  I am still amazed at all she does to make a home and a life for us.

My girls.  Julie is our daughter by birth.  Life has not always been easy.  To be a Mom while in an abusive relationship is hard.  To be a single Mom is hard.  But I see her kids and I know she managed to pull it off.  Now she is happy with Tim, and I am getting to see her form relationships with his kids and grands.  And I see a lot of Marsha in her.  That is high praise.

Jamie is our daughter because she married our son.  Watching her raise their three kids is special.  She is faithful, loving, patient, and it is remarkable to watch her give time to each of them, to JD, to her extended family, to us, and to our extended family.

The common thread in all these remarkable women is Jesus.

Love, faith, life.

All because of him.  

So if you ever want to know the secret of being a great Mom...

They would each tell you it is not them, it is Him.

Two of these are already home.  They did well for Jesus.  The others would tell you their main job as a Mom is to keep passing down their faith.

And I am thankful. 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?