Thursday, May 25, 2023

 

Things I believe about people

 We all have core convictions about people.  Things we believe to be true about everyone.  Things we do not believe are true about everyone.  Convictions about how we should, or should not, treat people.  It takes constant effort to live to our convictions because it is easier to write a blog or teach a Bible class about how to relate to people than it is to actually do life with people.  Because we live in a fallen world and life is hard.

But here are a few things I believe about people.

God made everyone of them in His image.  

People are not my enemy.  Satan is.

Jesus died for every person I have, or will, meet.

Every person is lost without Jesus.

I have to try and treat everyone the way Jesus would.

Sometimes they will not like it.

There is never an excuse to be mean or hateful to people.

Loving people does not mean I endorse or accept all their behaviors.

I don't have to like every person.

I need to help everyone I can.

I especially need to help those in my community of faith.

I wonder if some people I encounter are angels and I am not aware of it.

People I meet may have been put in my life so I can tell them about Jesus.

People are not perfect.  Including me.

Everyone I meet gives me a chance to move them closer to God.

    Or to push them away from God.

I have a clear priority on time, energy, and resources.

    My family, the family of God, the family of mankind.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?