Tuesday, May 30, 2023

 

Three things I appreciate as a Christian living in America

I hear a lot of Christians talking/complaining about the government.  And many Christians insisting they know exactly the right -- or the wrong -- way to vote.  It is easy to get caught up in politics.  Or to get disgusted with politics.  

So I thought I would remind us all of three things I am thankful for as a Christian living in America.  

There is no law against the Biblical definition of marriage.  I do not live in fear that my wife and I might be arrested for being married to each other for 50 years.  I am free to practice the Biblical model of marriage.  Including the responsibility for taking care of my family.

I am free to have and to raise my children.  I am even free to adopt children.  I can help struggling families.  I can provide financial and emotional support to families in need.

But here is the one I am most thankful for...

There is no law against the fruits of the Spirit.  The Holy Spirit lives in Christians.  And over time, we will produce fruit from that Spirit.  We will be kind, and happy, and at peace.  We will be patient and gentle.  We exercise self-control.  We love.  We love our God.  We love each other.  We love the people in this world.

And that is all legal.  No government will arrest us for being people with that kind of character.

Yes, I do know that in some countries you can be arrested for believing in Jesus.  Or more accurately, not believing in gods the government establishes.

But that is a different issue.

Today I am just thankful I can do lots of Jesus things that make the world a better place.

And they are not illegal.   


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?