Thursday, June 29, 2023

 

Joe Don Ridgell turns 45 today

 My son Joe Don turns 45 today.  As is my custom, here are a few reasons I love him and am so proud of him.

He is not perfect.  He knows that and he works on his weak spots so they do not become problems.  That is what strong Christians do.

He is a good husband.  Loves Jamie.  Puts her before himself.  Leads his family in following Jesus.  I know all this because his wife Jamie often thanks us raising the man she fell in love with.

Great Dad.  I watch him with each of his three kids.  Takes time with each of them.  Talks about things that matter.  Showing his daughter the kind of man she will want to marry.  Showing his two boys how a strong Christian man lives in this world.  

He is wise and gives good advice.  I ask him often for advice.  So do his friends.  And his kids (and even their friends).  He is gentle, Christ-like, and practical in what he shares.

I am not really sure how much JD gets to do just for himself.  Too busy with what Jamie would like to do, and doing everything with his kids.  Even doing what his extended family likes.  Gives up himself to do with and for others.

He will be the leader of his family.  His extended family.  Our family.  I will pass that touch to him soon and we will all be better for it.  

Every Dad wants his son to be a better man than he was.  It doesn't always happen.  But it has for me.  

Because of Jesus.  Jesus is the reason Joe Don is who he is.

And I am thankful

He is my son.  I love him.  We should all listen to him.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?