Thursday, August 10, 2023

 

Reflecting on Kayla Christianson

 If you live in or around Abilene, TX you know about Kayla.

She died last week from a stroke suffered a couple of weeks ago.

Now I don't write about everyone that dies in Abilene, and I wasn't even real close to Kayla.  But sometimes I just think there are things I learn from people that I want to remember.  

I was friends with Kayla.  And her husband David.  Always enjoyed seeing them.  Enjoyed their Facebook posts.  So here are a few things about Kayla I appreciated and want to remember.

She loved her community.  She was an Abilene ambassador.  Wanted only the best for our town and worked to make it a better place.  

She loved Rotary.  District governor (I think that is what she was).  I just know she traveled all over representing Rotary and Abilene.

Outstanding professional.  In-Focus, she and David's digital production company, did outstanding work.  They didn't have clients.  They had friends they helped.

Great sense of humor.  I like people that can laugh at themselves.  Kayla could.  And did.  Almost everyone in Abilene remembers her ongoing commentary on her serious fall in a hotel room.  Hysterical.  And made you think about being more careful.

One of our last interactions happened just a couple of weeks before the stroke when she commented on one of my blogs.  It was well thought out and about Jesus.  Just what you would expect.  I always appreciated her taking time to read and watch my stuff.  She was busy.  Made me feel special.  Just like she did the other 100,000 people she connected with.

So thanks Kayla.  Thanks for being who you were.  Thanks for impacting so many people and businesses here in West Texas.  

You made this corner of the world a better place.


Comments:
Kayla, was amazing.
The most amazing people connect; you descibed her connection to you as the feedback she shared and the encouragement it gave you.

Too few of us realize the power of "emotionally connecting" and giving of one's self. Kayla did; as mentioned she touched 100,000.

Bye to one of God's newest angels
Jack
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?