Tuesday, September 19, 2023

 

Awards, pride, humility, and God

 To be honest, it was an award that I am deeply proud of and very humbled by.

Given by the Herald of Truth, it is the Batsell Barrett Baxter Legacy award for ministy and evangelism.  

I still work there so this was given by my peers, the people that really know what I do.

My family and some of our closest friends surprised me by showing up at the dinner where the award was presented.

I have spent most of my life telling people about Jesus so it is nice to be recognized.

I am proud, except...

I am not going to say I don't deserve it because that is the easy answer to sound real humble.  I have done ministry and evangelism a long time and in ways that make a difference but ...

The problem is that I am not sure you give an award for what God has done.  I have planted a lot of seed and watered a lot of seed planted by others.  And have taught, equipped, inspired others to do the same.  

But it is God who gives the increase.  Always it is God.

And...

I just got an award for doing what I was supposed to do.  What God asked me to do.  

They should have given it to Marsha.  I know, I get that I do a lot of public evangelism and ministry.  But I wouldn't do it without her.  None of it.  Not sure where I would be spiritually without her.  

My family, my friends, my co-workers.  They are all wrapped up in what I do for Jesus. 

Prayers, encouragement, support.  

So I am humbled.  

I shouldn't have gotten it.

But I am sort of proud.

And maybe I shouldn't be.

So thanks to Herald of Truth for the honor and driving awareness of the need to tell people about Jesus.

Thanks to Mimi, the rest of the fam, my friends, and my co-workers.

But most of all, thanks God.  None of this happens without you.


Comments:
Congratulations Steve!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?