Thursday, November 23, 2023

 

Today is Thanksgiving

 I don't think thanksgiving should be restricted to one day a year.  But it is nice to intentionally think about what I have to be thankful for.  

Here are a few of my "thanks".  Maybe they will help you remember some of yours.

It all starts with God and Jesus.  So thankful God loves me.  Jesus died for me.  I am going to live forever because I believe in Jesus and was crucified with him in baptism a long time ago.  Thankful Jesus forgives me for the times I didn't have have my spiritual act together.  

Thankful for family.  I often tell Marsha thanks for being my wife.  Don't deserve her.  But she has been a blessing for 50 years and counting.  And not just to me, but to our whole family.  Thankful my Mom is still celebrating with us.  Thankful for her.  My kids are a blessing.  All four of them.  And the grands bless me every day.  It is hard not to be overwhelmed just thinking about all of them as I write this.

My friends.  We really do have friends who are not just like family.  They are family.  Some I have known all my life.  Some we have known all our married life.  And we have people we do life with that bless us in so many ways.

Thankful for my ministry.  Still one of the featured speakers for Herald of Truth, talking about Jesus.  And thankful for Hillcrest.  I am part of an incredible staff.  Love the elders.  They let me talk about Jesus in whatever way God and the Holy Spirit lead me.  I am thankful I am still able to do Kingdom work, and thankful Hillcrest supports me in that. 

Thankful for Ridgell Ranch, our Barndo home, and all the animals both wild and domestic.  Every day I am amazed at how good God has been.  So I am thankful.

So be thankful for your spiritual blessings.  For your family, friends, and community of faith.  And for the physical blessings you have.  

God is good.  Even I had more blessings, He could not be better.  Even if I had fewer  blessings, He would still be the best.

Thank you God because every good thing I have is because of you.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?